Become a Partner
Interested in becoming a dealer of Ultra Secure Direct products? Why not find out more
Home of the AgriWheel
UK's Biggest Range Of Wireless Perimeter & Driveway Alarm Systems
Canine & Dog Crime
Dog theft is a brutal crime and its getting more common. An article in 'Farmers Weekly' dated 1st February 2013 (page 72) explores the rise in this hideous crime.
Farms Dogs: Because most farm dogs have the sort of freedom where they will often roam around the stackyard etc, catching eating rats and all other unmentionables, they wouldn't be missed for hours (plenty of time for an intruder to visit and then disappear with your valuable dog).
Gun Dogs: Gundogs are a well known target-when trained they are worth £1000 plus. Former news editor of the shooting times 'Selen Masson' had hers stolen from a locked vehjicle in a quiet country lane, clearly targeted as other vehicles with valuables in them were not touched.
Trained Sheep Dogs: Trained Sheep Dogs can be equally valuable.
Lurchers, Border Terriers & Jack Russells: are commonly stolen for breeding, working or hare coursing.
Some Dogs are actually stolen, purely to ransom back to the owners !!
It is believed that the problem of Dog Theft (especially in rural areas) is actually under-reported, and the crime is even bigger, the article in the farmers weekly suggests the following Security Measures:
* Microchip and/or ear tattoo it.
* Don't leave them in a car.
* Invest in a Perimeter or Driveway Alarm.
* Invest in CCTV.
* Keep in a secure Kennel.
* Fit an easlily -identfiiable collar, could help people spot the dog.
* If you are not going to breed the dog, have it neutered, and identify the fact on its collar.
* Have plenty of good quality photographs of your dog, from various angles, clearly showing distinctive markings or scars.
If you need advice on our large selection of Perimeter & Driveway Alarms, please contact us for friendly, no obligation advice !!
Driveway Alarm Information
Be Alerted to the approach of a visitor or intruder, by using a Wireless Driveway Alarm System, which will constantly monitor locations such as a Gateway, Gate or Perimeter, this will Alert you before they have got close to you or your property.
There are two types of Wireless Driveway & Perimeter Alarms to consider, the best examples are listed below,
1) Passive Infra-red Detectors, these are external PIR's that are monitoring the immediate locations for heat signitures from large animals, humans and vehicles, these driveway alarms are found within our Dakota 3000E Driveway AlarmsDakota 2500E Driveway Alarms
2) Active Beams, these are beams that are actively monitoring each other all of the time, in the event of them not being able to see each other they will trigger and send a wireless signal back to the receiver, these wireless alarms are found in our 900 metre Solar Charged SB Beams - Solar Charged 700 metre TB Beams
Ultra Secure have the largest Range of Wireless Driveway & Perimeter Alarm Systems in the UK & Europe.
We also offer the full range of accessories for all of these systems including addition sensors, pir's, telephone dialers, flashing lights & sirens.
They are designed for easy DIY Installation, and we offer full before and after technical advice from our technical staff by Telephone, Email or Live Chat.
Quality Driveway Alarms for the UK!
These brilliant simple to install, security systems are designed to alert the home or business to :
- The arrival of a welcome visitor or customer
- The presence of an unwelcome visitor
- The unwanted wandering of a child towards danger
- Perhaps the wandering off by a person with special needs
- A wandering pet
What Are Driveway Alarms !!
Our Driveway Alarms are basically wireless battery operated detectors that signal back to the house or office alerting the home or business owner to the presence of a visitor, these visitors may be welcome guests or customers, they may be very un-welcome persons. The detectors are always powered by battery making them easy systems to install, the receivers are normally plugged into a 13-amp wall socket although some battery operated portable units are available.
The signal can be silent so only the homeowner knows, or it can be made to be audible and/or visual. You can choose multiple detectors going back to one receiver, or one detector going back to multiple receivers to suit your needs & applications.
They are relatively new to the UK, but have been used in the USA for many years, they are however becoming very popular here as they are seen as the first line of defence, we are often told that it is to late when the burgular alarm inside the house is triggered, they are already in.
Choosing the correct system !!
Q) Decide how far between the house and outside location or locations it is in meters, (be aware that the working distance quoted by all manufacturers is clear line of sight, different objects located in-between the two locations will reduce the signal in various ways, in genaral glass makes little difference, modern building & wood make a moderate difference, large old stone buildings can reduce signals by up to 50%).
Q) Look to see how many buildings or trees are in between these two locations, take into account that trees will be full of leaves in summer months.
A) We sell a range of products which all work, as a basic rule if you want detectors simply on the outside of your building then the 80 meter system will work most of the time, if you want a detector on the wall of a large stone house or at a nearby location, the 200 or 300 meters systems may be best, if you are looking at distances from 300 - 900 meters then our 900 meter options will be best, after this distance you would need to be looking at out specialized systems including repeaters and GSM (sim card) technology.
Q) Choose what you want to detect, this can be people and cars, vehicles only, it can be outside or inside remote buildings.
A) We have a range of detectors, all of our systems have the option of one sides PIR beams that will pick up people & cars, we also have narrow & pet friendly beams that will avoid activations from small animals, we also have probes that are hidden under ground for detecting vehicles & hoses that work like the old fashion garage alert systems, these are all found in our best selling 900 meter Dakota systems. For customers who want twin beams covering larger areas we can now supply our solar powered systems, they cover larger detection areas but are slightly more complicated to install.
Q) After the chosen detector or detectors have been activated and they have sent a wireless signal back to the receiver, what would you like to happen?, (in normal operation you will get a bleep or chime from all receivers, but we can adapt different systems to work in different ways).
A) We can offer many solutions, please see a list of the most popular below:
1) Trigger indoor & outdoor sirens and/or flashing lights to the receivers of the 200-300-900 meters systems by bell cable which allows you and the visitor to be alerted at any time, the length of time for the activation is normally only a few seconds, but this can be adjusted using extra parts. ( a simple switch can be fitted to the cable which allows you when to choose to have the siren working).
2) The 80 metre Wireless Driveway Alarm System has a built in 100 Db siren and an additional optional wireless siren.
3) Trigger dialers, these will send out pre-recorded voice or text messages to a selected number of land line or mobile telephone numbers.
4) Speech Alerts, we can trigger loud voices to boom out a pre-recorded message.
5) You may want a portable pager.
Still Confused !!
Then please contact us for friendly no obligation advice, we will always give you our honest opinion of what we feel is best for you.
We have probably the largest range of Driveway Alarm systems in the UK to choose from.